Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What to enter in the upcoming guild show?

The quilt guild to which I belong, the Santa Clara Valley Quilt Association, is having our every-other-year quilt show coming up in March. Each member (we are 400+, I believe) is encouraged to enter at least one quilt. This is something of a dilemma, not only for me, but for others, I'm sure. It's not a juried show, so that takes the pressure off, and one needn't submit a photo, etc. Nor does the quilt need to be finished until the actual drop-off date. But the problem is this: do I try to finish up one of the many quilts I'm currently working on, and make the extra stress for myself of meeting a deadline? I don't have too many quilts lying around that I would consider truly show-worthy, although they are fine quilts. Some of my best recent work has been given away, never to be seen again. What to do? What to do?
Then I look up from the computer, and I spot one of my favorites, a very tradional Sunbonnet Sue. Yes I think Sue is show-worthy. It's the only quilt I've made which features hand applique, and others might like to see it close up, so I think I'll go with that.
Our guild show is called Heart of the Valley, and will be held at the Santa Clara Convenion Center March5-6. If you're able to, we'd love to have you in attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment