Saturday, February 5, 2011

San Bruno Rising

Here is a quilt I made to donate after the devastating explosion and fire last October in the Bay Area city of San Bruno.I felt quite helpless as I watched the event unfold on the evening news, and knew that the one thing I could do to help in some small way was to create a quilt for one of the survivors.
This is a simple quilt, with four patches, nine patches and one patches, taken from the book Making Scrap Quilts To Use It Up by Lynne Edwards. The quilt itself was designed by Pat Mitchell.
At 86" square, this is the biggest quilt I've ever made, and perhaps the fastest, taking only one month from start to finish.
And yes, I did use what I had on hand.I only bought one green fabric to add, and was given a chunk of green fabric which I used for the binding. I found a bargain fabric for the back, and got the batting on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment