Thursday, February 10, 2011

How I named this blog

I decided years ago that if I ever had a website that I would call it The Quilt Is My Delight. I never guessed that I would be blogging under that name.I was inspired by an old Scottish bagpipe tune called The Kilt Is My Delight. My maternal grandfather was a Scot who learned to play the bagpipes after he and his family emigrated to Australia. My mother has told me many stories about him, and he must have been quite a character.
The national garb of Scotland is the kilt, a pleated garment shown partially at the left. Don't ever call it a skirt. Most kilt-wearing men are armed, though not necessarily dangerous!
This is a cropped photo showing a man in evening dress, which I think is a most becoming attire.Worn correctly, I cannot think of anything more dashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment