Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The New Presser Foot

I recently mentioned that I had bought an after market quarter inch foot for my sewing machine. I have used it recently and of course it's not the same quality as the Bernina foot. I noticed that if I want the needle to be centered in the middle of the foot that I will have to adjust my needle position. I haven't done a real test for accuracy, but for right now this will suffice. I'm not currently working on a project which requires total accuracy in the seam allowances.I will probably break down at some point, if I don't manage to locate the original presser foot (not too likely) and buy a new one from Bernina. I've been informed that they are now combining some of their feet, such as the 57 and the 37. The 37 is the one I like, a simple 1/4" presser foot. The 57, on the other hand, has an extra guide, or "rail", which I do not care for, and neither do many of the quilters I know. I feel that this is a case of a company not listening to their customers, which I think does not make good business sense. These customers are paying a lot of money to buy a high end product, and they should not feel as if their needs are being ignored.
There, I've said my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment