Friday, July 8, 2011

A Loss

After my recent move to a temporary abode, and the necessity of having to put most of my belongings into storage I decided that it was time to make a new quilt for myself. I would not have done this if I had a suitable one for the bed in which I'm now sleeping, but I needed a new twin sized quilt. Sigh! Anyway, I decided that I will not have permanent ownership of the quilt, and that it will be passed along to someone else at some point, so I let the inner child pick out the cheerful fabrics. Imagine my chagrin when I finally had the sewing machine set up once more (after about a month or so) and I couldn't locate the quarter inch presser foot. Shock, anger, denial! It's my favorite foot! I had tried so hard to organize all my sewing things when I was packing them up, but this was the one thing I failed to account for. After looking and looking, and finally starting the quilt using another foot I found one online for a pretty good price. I received it in the mail yesterday, and of course it's what is known as an after market brand, but with any luck it will work for me. I've yet to try it out, as I'm at the pressing stage, but I will let you know. That's one thing about owning an expensive machine. The parts are expensive too.
Oh yes, I "adopted" my machine five years ago on July 3rd. I hope it's been as happy with me as I have with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment